Get to know the Pirates...
The Cornish Pirates are a rugby union team playing in the Championship, the 2nd tier of English Rugby. We are looking to appoint a full time Community Engagement Manager to join our Team and play a key role in shaping the future of the Club.
We seek a highly motivated individual who believes in the power of sport and embraces the many benefits of physical activity. The right candidate will be committed to the diverse needs of the wider Cornish Community and must have the energy and enthusiasm to positively engage with all sectors of the Community to improve health and wellness in the widest sense.
As part of the Community Team you will be particularly responsible for delivering our ‘Education, Inclusion, Match Day and Out of School’ programmes.
This is a full-time role with salary commensurate with experience and proven track record for the right candidate. Due to the nature of the sporting industry some weekend and evening work will be required.
• Cornish Pirates CEO
• Numerous schools/physical activity providers
• Numerous local and national Government agencies and Charities
• To deliver various Education, Inclusion, Match Day and Out of School based programmes
• Identify opportunities to develop and expand all programmes
• To be a crucial part of the Community Team organising and delivering match day experiences and coaching clinics
• Continuously promote the Community Team and Cornish Pirates
Experience and Qualifications
• England Rugby Coaching Award or Level 2 UKCC coaching qualification or equivalent
• A minimum of two years’ experience of coaching various age groups, socio-economic groups and abilities
• A full valid UK driving licence and car
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Current Enhanced DBS check
• Child Safeguarding knowledge and experience
• Current Emergency First Aid for work certificate
• Degree level education in an appropriate discipline or further sporting qualifications.
• Experience of working in an educational environment
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to Apply
To register your interest in this role please submit a Covering Letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the position of Community Engagement Manager to [email protected] by 5pm on 25th June 2023.
If you wish to be considered for any other future roles contact Rebecca Thomas at [email protected]