Get to know the Pirates...
Company – Cornish Pirates
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Location – Penzance, Cornwall
Closing date – 5pm on 5th April 2021
First interview dates – from w/c 12th April 2021
Cornish Pirates are a rugby union team playing in the Championship, the 2nd tier of English Rugby. We are looking to appoint a full time Commercial Manager to join our team and play a key role in shaping the future of the Club.
The right candidate will have strong communication and networking skills and be driven and passionate about their work and the Club’s ethos. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a Club with an exciting future ahead. We have a loyal fanbase, strong playing squad and committed commercial partnerships. There is fantastic potential for the right candidate who is ambitious and skilled to grow the partnership base and help to shape the commercial sales strategy.
This is a full-time role with salary commensurate with experience and proven track record for the right candidate. Due to the nature of the sporting industry some weekend or evening work will be required within the weekly hours.
This is a unique opportunity within Cornwall to join an exciting and fast moving professional rugby union Club as Commercial Manager. The full-time position will be based in Penzance and will report to the CEO.
It comes after a challenging twelve month period for our industry as well as others and will require the right candidate to hit the ground running and maintain existing partnerships as well as taking a proactive approach to creating and developing new sales leads which lead to new partnership and sales for the Club.
Cornish Pirates CEO
Cornish Pirates media and marketing department
• Lead on engagement with commercial partners, ensuring detailed planning, communication and delivery of agreed commercial inventory and initiatives.
• Support the management and administration of all commercial activity across all departments, including marketing and media departments.
• Ensure all commercial responsibilities and requirements are delivered across all operational activity and home/away fixtures.
• Be proactive in sourcing potential sponsors and partners and successfully grow the sales base through commercial partnerships.
• Develop bespoke sponsorship proposals to meet the needs of individual companies utilising the asset base.
• Ensure adequate management of partnerships and deliverables, including renewal timelines and incremental growth opportunities.
• Ensure delivery of ROI to corporate partners and lead on all required engagement and management with other departments (rugby, media, marketing etc).
• Deliver regular communications with the marketing team and bespoke events to increase engagement and value for partners.
• Support the management and administration of all commercial activity across all departments.
• Capture and process all commercial related financial and budget management activity alongside the CEO/Finance Director.
• Ensure all partnerships are recorded, contracted and adequately administrated through to invoicing.
• Manage the Cornish Pirates inventory of commercial assets and ensure awareness of pricing strategy, availability and potential opportunities is clear and consistent across the business.
• Ensure all commercial responsibilities are delivered across all operational activity and home and away fixtures.
• Oversee the management of advertising commitments including digital, social media, advertising boards and banners.
• Oversee the management of commercial hospitality and match sponsorship commitments.
• Commercial Experience (essential)
• Relationship Management (essential)
• Communication with internal and external stakeholders (essential)
• Professional Sports Exposure (desired)
Skills & Qualifications
• Organisational, Administration and IT (essential)
• Communication – verbal and written (essential)
• Strategic Planning (desired)
• Educated to Degree Level or Equivalent Professional Experience (essential)
Applications and How to Apply
To register your interest in this role please submit a Cover Letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the position of Commercial Manager to the CEO [email protected] by 5pm 5th April 2021.