Get to know the Pirates...
Company – Cornish Pirates
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Location – Penzance, Cornwall
Closing date – 5pm on 25th June 2021
First interview dates – 30th June 2021
The Cornish Pirates are an ambitious, professional rugby union club located in Penzance, Cornwall. The team currently compete in the RFU Championship and are looking for a highly competent and ambitious Strength & Conditioning coach to assist the rugby high performance program.
The successful applicant will integrate into the performance team at the Cornish Pirates and will be responsible for the provision of periodised resistance programs driven from comprehensive physical testing to develop player strength. The role will require data collection and analysis of internal and external load for decision-making in an elite rugby environment. Effective communication skills to work within a multi-disciplinary team are essential along with having the positive drive and motivation required to develop player performance.
• BSc in Sports Science or related field.
• Experience in team sports resistance programming.
• Ability to lead group and individual sessions independently.
• Thorough knowledege of practical training techinques and applications.
• UKSA or CSCS Accreditation
• Previous experience in rugby union as Strength & Conditioning coach.
• Experience with Velocity Based Training.
• Qualification in a nutrition related field.
• Match day support and preparation.
• Delivering pre-season training.
• Monitoring and adjusting resistance programming.
• Leading preparations for field sessions.
• Preparing nutritional and ergogenic support.
• Assisting with delivery of rehabilitation programs.
• Delivery of recovery sessions and player education around sleep and recovery modalities.
The employee’s normal working hours will be based on a fixed 40 hours a week. This will be variable due to the changing nature of a sporting setting. Weeks will vary depending on scheduled fixtures. This will also include working during bank holidays and national holidays.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Closing Date: June 25th, 2021
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 30th June. Successful applicants only will be contacted by email.