Get to know the Pirates...
Company – Cornish Pirates
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Location – Penzance, Cornwall
Closing date – 5pm on 28th July 2021
First interview dates – 2nd August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Cornish Pirates as Hospitality and Events Coordinator. This is a varied and interesting role for someone with outstanding organisational skills who enjoys multi-tasking. It will encompass match day hospitality management and the successful candidate will also lead on event planning and organisation throughout the year to bring together key stakeholders, sponsors and supporters.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Solid experience as a hands-on Event Coordinator/Sales role within Hospitality
• Strong administration background
• Flexible approach to the role
• Detail orientated
• Excellent client facing skills for event hosting
• Problem solver
• Manage projects/tasks through to completion
• Management and administration of the match day hospitality function to ensure they are well attended and meet the requirements of sponsors and supporters
• Working with the CEO and Commercial Manager to identify future events and manage the pricing and budgets to ensure these are commercially viable
• Lead on the planning and management of these events, working with the Marketing Manager and Commercial Manager to market and ensure they are well attended
• Building relationships with organisers, delegates and clients
• Work with key stakeholders including sponsors and caterers to ensure events and projects are successful and meet the needs of the business
• Manage the attendance of key staff members and Directors at local events and network opportunities
• Organising large meetings, venues, lunches and refreshments etc.
The employee’s normal working hours will be based on 24 hours a week. This will be variable due to the changing nature of a sporting setting. Weeks will vary depending on scheduled fixtures and will involve some weekend and evening work to cover matches and events.
How to apply
To apply for the role please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date is 5pm on 28th July 2021.
Successful applicants only will be contacted by email.