All the Latest News & Fixtures...
Following the July 2021 RFU Council meeting, yesterday saw the first meeting of the RFU Championship strategic review working group.
The group, which includes a wide range of members from across rugby and will also invite other representatives for input or to participate in sub-group discussions, will meet regularly over the next four months to review the structure, governance, commercial and financial models that underpin the league. The group will then provide recommendation to the RFU Board and Council in the New Year to create an improved, more sustainable Championship with a clear role and purpose.
Championship strategic review working group members
· Conor O’Shea (RFU Director of Performance Rugby)
· Steve Lloyd (Doncaster Knights and Chair, Championship Clubs Committee)
· Ian Connell (Independent, Championship Clubs Committee)
· Peter Moore (Richmond FC and Deputy Chair, Championship Clubs Committee)
· John Inverdale (Chair, National League Rugby)
· Nigel Melville (Executive Chair, PRL Investor Board)
· Phil de Glanville (RFU Board & Council Member)
· Simon Massie-Taylor (RFU Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer)
· Penny Stewart (RFU Council Member – Northumberland)
· Terry Burwell (RFU Council Member – Hampshire)
· Russell Marchant (Vice-chancellor, Principal and CEO, Hartpury University & College)
· Sir Ian McGeechan (Independent)