All the Latest News & Fixtures...
Ginsters, the nation’s favourite pasty maker, has unveiled a gourmet pasty range exclusively available in Selfridges. Launched as the country celebrates the start of Cornish Pasty Week (24 – 29 February 2020).
The pasty range is the latest showcase for quality from the iconic Cornish brand which thanks to a distinctive taste and flavour has enjoyed a meteoric rise in recent years, leading it to be acknowledged by one of the leading luxury food stores. So superior are the ingredients and craftmanship, the pasty range boasts all the credentials to be the world’s most luxurious.
Available in a choice of three deluxe flavours, the brand-new range is exclusively available from Selfridges’ flagship store on London’s Oxford Street. The pasties are served chilled from the deli counter in the renowned Foodhall.
Created on behalf of Ginsters by Chris Eden – the first chef born and raised in Cornwall to earn a Michelin star – each recipe boasts a unique blend of luxury ingredients and is skilfully finished with an artisan hand-crimp. The first-of-its-kind pasty range is a showcase of Ginsters’ culinary excellence and 50-year heritage as pasty connoisseurs.
The Ginsters Wagyu Beef & Truffle Oil Pasty offers a taste of Cornwall at its most luxurious. As well as indulgent Wagyu beef – sourced from Cornwall* and much-loved for being incredibly tender and having a rich, buttery flavour – the pasty is generously filled with heritage purple potatoes, leeks, swede and highly valued flavouring from truffle oil. All this deliciousness is then wrapped in melt-in-the-mouth pastry and hand crimped to finish. Sea salt and Sarawak pepper blends to provide the Ginsters distinctive taste. Complimentary samples will be served hot near to the chilled deli counter located in Selfridges Foodhall on Monday 24 February.
For tradition with a twist, the Ginsters Flame Grilled Chicken, Coconut & Lemon Pasty is a sumptuous flavour combination. The finest British chicken is paired with coconut and sweet piquillo peppers while a flourish of spring onion, lemon and pepper lends fragrance. Hogs Bottom Devon Sweet Chilli jam adds a touch of warmth to complete the recipe.
Vegetarians, flexitarians and those wanting to reduce their meat intake, while enjoying a wholesome rich taste, will love the Ginsters Roasted Cauliflower & West Country Mature Cheddar Pasty. This rough puff, saffron infused pasty envelopes roasted cauliflower, mature cheddar, butternut squash, sweet potato, swede and toasted pine nuts, and is seasoned with sumac and chia seeds.
“Using the finest ingredients and expert craftmanship, this is our most luxurious range yet. In fact, we think it might just be the most luxurious in the world,” comments Kieran Hemsworth, Ginsters’ Managing Director. “We’ve teamed special ingredients with a richness of flavour that really draws out the best from the top tier select components.
“During last year’s Cornish Pasty Week, we launched our award-winning Cornish Handcrafted range – there’s no better time to showcase our very best. Our new gourmet pasty range marks another milestone in our history and is a showcase for quality and our commitment to craft ‘a pasty for everyone’.”
Adrian Boswell, Selfridges Food Buyer, says: “We’re excited to be launching the first gourmet Ginsters pasties, created by award-winning chef Chris Eden. The range celebrates the history and heritage of the Cornish pasty and will be available from the deli counter in our Foodhall.”
Each of the three pasty varieties are perfect to eat on their own or served with sides for a convenient yet indulgent evening meal. The range is available from Selfridges from 24 February 2020, at £4.99 each.
For more information, please contact
Claire Butler | Wild West | 01872 243560
About Ginsters of Cornwall:
• Ginsters is a founding member of the Cornish Pasty Association (CPA), which exists to protect the heritage and quality of the Cornish Pasty. It was also instrumental in securing Protected Geographic Indication (PGI) status for the Cornish Pasty.
• In 2019, Ginsters achieved a quadruple win at the prestigious British Pie Awards including two Gold commendations for its Cornish Handcrafted Chicken, Chorizo and Cornish Gouda Pasty and Moroccan Vegetable Pasty, a Silver award for Ginsters Cornish Handcrafted Cornish Pasty and Bronze for the Ginsters Cheese & Onion Pasty. The Cornish Handcrafted range also won Gold and Commended in the 2019 Taste of the West Awards and the Ginsters Cornish Handcrafted Cornish Pasty was a Finalist in The Grocer New Product Awards 2019.
• Ginsters sources vegetables locally where possible from Hay Farm on the Rame Peninsula, Cornwall – 15 miles from the Ginsters bakery. Only ingredients not typically cultivated in the UK, e.g. spices, are sourced from outside the UK.
• Ginsters contributes in the region of £43m per year to the UK economy, including the local farming community in Cornwall and the South West.
• Ginsters is a British business formed in 1967. In 1969 Geoffrey Ginster, a Cornish Dairy Farmer, began baking his own pasties in an old egg-packing barn in Callington, Cornwall. In 1977, the Samworth Brothers saw the potential of the company and purchased and grew the brand.
• In 1969, 24 pasties a day were produced from the old egg-packing barn. Today, Ginsters bakes, on average, three million chilled savoury pastries, including pasties, slices and sausages rolls every week, in the Callington bakery.
• There are 62 recipes in the Ginsters range (including sandwiches) and 104 different lines (including singles, multi-packs, limited editions).
Receiving a request for coach parking facilities, the Pirates were more than happy to assist our good friends from Exeter Chiefs this past couple of days.
Meet the Players Evening - Club and Vice-Captain for the forthcoming season plus Dual Registered players will also be announced.
The Cornish Pirates are pleased to announce that Bodmin-based Glass Railing Specialists ‘Pure Vista’ have been confirmed both as a shirt and player sponsor for the 2021/22 season.