All the Latest News & Fixtures...
Jubilee Pool in Penzance has just a few weeks left to raise £350,000. This will secure the agreed £1.4M funding for our ground breaking project to heat a section of the pool to 35°C using geothermal energy, and redevelop the top terrace for all-year-round-use.
We need to start building this winter and in order to get the £1.4m funding released to us, Jubilee Pool must raise £350,000 from our Community Share Issue by that date, we’ve raised nearly £200,000 so far and need £150,000 to reach our target.
Time is running out, if we fail to reach our target by 30th September this exciting project won’t go ahead.
Please invest now to:
· Own a share in the pool’s future and have a say in how it’s run
· Help support a sustainable social enterprise for the community
· Help to fund the UK’s first geothermally heated seawater lido
· Play a part in creating a new visitor destination which will attract people to Cornwall from across the world all year round
· Help to regenerate the local economy in Penzance
· Provide quality all year jobs for local people
· Get 30% tax relief on your investment
You can invest anything from £20 to £50,000. Investments over £5,000 attract 50% tax relief and over £7,500 get 3% interest.
The deadline is 30th SEPTEMBER 2018 – act now to ensure the pool survives for generations to come!
Following Covid regulations, Penzance & Newlyn RFC and the Cornish Pirates have admirably reacted well to assist in a variety of ways, including, of recent, responding to help certain local choirs.
Captain Benbow shows his support for MIND Mental Health as the Co-op are aiming to raise £1m for them within our region.
Alfie Martin, who is on a 250-mile round walking trip of Cornwall visiting each and every rugby club in the county